Providing feedback can be easy for some of us and really tough for others... However at ease you may be, follow the tips below, for the sake of the person you're talking to as well as yours:
- Use I in your sentences to emphasize your point of view
- Start with something positive and true
- Be precise in your words and specific in the situations you mention
- Focus on one or two lower points and suggest way to improve
|Analyse the situation first, then provide specific feedback!|
- It's always good to finish with offering some help to achieve the goals you talked about and suggest a follow up meeting a few months later.
- Don't forget to ask them if they have any feedback. It's a two way process!